As the leading provider of compensation intelligence to the global technology and life sciences sectors for 40 years, Radford is uniquely positioned to assist private, venture-backed companies in innovation-based industries. From initial start-up to IPO, Radford's market-leading data solutions allow private companies to implement robust pay programs that promote internal consistency, ensure external competitiveness, and align with investor interests.
Furthermore, as part of Radford's global survey platform, the Pre-IPO/Venture-Backed Survey provides clients with a comprehensive and consistent view of compensation across both private and public companies. In an increasingly competitive market for talent, where the separation between private and public pay practices is narrowing, this unique approach gives private companies who partner with Radford a leg-up against the competition.
- Complete compensation coverage includes access to job-by-job data on base salaries, bonus/incentive targets, total cash compensation and equity awards
- In-depth equity compensation insights provide clients with access to information on equity vehicle mix (options vs. restricted stock), individual employee ownership levels as a percentage of company, and total employee equity ownership (e.g., issued and total equity overhang)
- Robust custom reporting features let participants assess market pay data by industry, region, stage of development (e.g., startup, R&D, revenue generating) or level of invested capital
- Full global consistency with the Radford survey platform allows for easy comparisons of job matches and cash compensation levels across private and public companies in either the technology or life sciences sectors
- Practices Reports go beyond compensation data to provide insights into the design of cash and equity compensation programs to help you HR leaders assess the overall competitiveness of their pay plans
- Industry-leading analytics and consulting resources are also available to help you unlock the full potential of your compensation programs
- 24/7 access to the Radford Network puts survey results, research resources and other critical tools in the palm of your hands by providing unlimited online access to company-employed staff
- Dedicated client support includes a designated Survey Consultant backed by a comprehensive training program with on-site and local meetings, online survey classes and "hot topic" webcasts
Please click here to learn more about the Radford Pre-IPO/Venture-Backed Survey.
Unlocking the Value of Private+Public Data
As evidenced by Radford research cited in The Wall Street Journal, pay practices at private and public companies are quickly converging, particularly with respect to cash compensation. This puts new pressure on private, venture-backed companies to assess practices across private and public markets before rolling out new compensation programs. With a robust, consistent global platform, Radford is uniquely positioned to help companies meet this challenge. By integrating public company data directly into survey reports for private firms, Radford offers clients an easy-to-use, single-source solution.
Select Survey Participants
Five Prime Therapeutics
Global Blood Therapeutics
Silver Spring Networks
"As a provider of growth capital to private companies, we oftentimes consider an IPO as a viable option for our partner companies. Over the past year, we have leveraged Radford's expertise in compensation consulting for three of our life sciences partner companies - Tengion (Nasdaq: TNGN), NuPathe (Nasdaq: PATH) and Advanced BioHealing, the latter of which was acquired on the day of pricing. Radford's unique approach and strategic guidance were excellent. They delivered strong, industry-specific, pragmatic solutions which covered Executive Compensation, Employment Contracts, Board Compensation and Equity Plan Strategy pre- and post-IPO. At Safeguard, we now consider Radford a key partner in our IPO strategic planning process."
"Radford partnered with our management team to develop an equity strategy that balanced the needs of our venture capital partners, outside investors, management and employees. We used the Radford Pre-IPO/Venture-Backed database to examine our competitive position against companies of a similar stage and investment profile to develop a fact-based analysis and go-forward program that gained full Board approval. Radford's team brought their industry knowledge and experience to the table, in addition to investing the time to learn about our unique history and culture in order to develop a solution that worked for Five Prime."
"Radford recently provided one of our portfolio companies executive cash and equity compensation consulting support that was industry-focused, consensus-driven and showed a deep understanding of the issues associated with private venture-backed companies. Our Compensation Committee and management team were impressed with the caliber of Radford's work."